Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Talk the Talk, Walk the Walk...Run the Run

That's me over there, running the Marine Corps Marathon in 2001, busting out at a sub 7-minute pace. Impressed?

You shouldn't be.

I crashed and burned that day, finishing my worst-ever marathon in just under four hours. Totally disapointing, as my goal was something under 3:30.

Anyway, in 2005, at the tender age of 41, I set out to do better. I started picking the brain of a sports nutritionist, and really trained the right way. A big part of the training was vitamins and nutritional supplements. I learned a few things.

One, the proper nutrition makes you feel a lot better, keeps you from breaking down with colds, etc., and helps you bounce physically back from those LONG training runs.

The other thing I learned is that I much preferred my "tasty" supplements to just popping vitamin pills. I looked forward to the better tasting protein drinks and these things called "PowerGels," which were like instant-energy in this gooey form.

I think that's what first attracted me to Agel, the delivery system. Once I tasted the stuff, I knew it was about the coolest new vitamin product I'd ever seen.

Anyway, in 2005, I broke the 3:30 barrier and, now with the help of Agel EXO, OHM, UMI and MIN, I'm shooting to break 3:15 before I get to the age of 45.

Wish me luck and if you have some time, Take The Tour Today.

Jeff

No comments: